- I Want My Baby to Hear. Medical advice for parents of babies with hearing loss.
- Concerning Bicultural-Bilingual Language Development Mode for Deaf Children
- March 15, 2010 Presentation to the State Council for Persons with Disabilities
- Documented Facts on Hearing Loss in Children
- A presentation made to several groups by Drs. Teixido and Fina.
- A 23-minute video entitled Dreams Made Real, published by the Oral Deaf Education web site, with support from the Oberkotter Foundation. This site is designed to help parents and professionals gather information and other resources offered by organizations, as well asprivate auditory-oral schools to introduce the educational approach of teaching deaf children to listen and speak. To access Dreams Made Real, click on the Educators button near the bottom of the Oral Deaf Education home page, then follow subsequent links to one labeled “watch the video now.”
- Auditory Brain Development: A Paradigm Shift for Children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing. Presentation slides by Carol Flexer,Au.D., LSLS Cert. AVT
- Cochlear Implants Work: A 9-minute video interviewing parents of children with CIs, produced by Choices Delaware.
- Results of Cochlear Implantation in Children: Interviews of children with CIs, produced by Choices Delaware.
- Mother of a deaf child learns about education options. An animated film by Dr. Michael Teixido, Choices Delaware.
Choices in the News
- Watch WHYY’s April 2, 2010 special Technology Fuels Deaf Education Debate.
- Read an interview in the July/August 2010 issue of Volta Voices with Choices Delaware project leader Nick Fina.
- A New Way to Look at Hearing Loss, by Kelly Bothum. The Wilmington News-Journal, August 23, 2011.
Having trouble with the links on this page? Downloading the latest version of Adobe Reader may help.